Analyst (Environmental Services)
FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS), an ADEC Innovation, is focused on improving the world we live in by advancing sustainable practices globally. It's our goal to improve the lives of all people we work with, whether they are clients, partners or colleagues.
Environmental CEQA Analyst assists with analysis and provides documentation support for environmental impact reports (EIRs) on a variety of subject areas, including land use, socio-economics, earth resources, hydrology, air quality, noise, cultural resources, etc. and provides general support in environmental document preparation.
- Supports project managers with appropriate research information in order to respond to project documentation requirements
- Ensures the requirements of CEQA and NEPA are met by completing analysis and documentation within specific guidelines
- Gains practical knowledge of the environmental consulting industry
- Provides assistance to project managers in the preparation, organization, and production of EIRs
- Incorporates sub-consultant reports and personal research and knowledge into appropriate sections of environmental documents
- Communicates with various jurisdictions, agencies, and sub-consultants to collect and verify information
- Conducts field studies and land use surveys.
- General understanding of the principles and practices of the environmental consulting industry, including CEQA and/or NEPA and their processing requirements
- Technical competence and understanding of one or more environmental specialties, such as land use, socio-economics, earth resources, hydrology, air, noise, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated facility with written and verbal business English, spelling, grammar, and vocabulary
- Keen attention to detail
- Professional appearance and demeanor, and an ability to handle assignments, as well as confidential information, with professionalism, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to follow instructions and ask informed questions
- Positive interaction with others to accomplish tasks
- Efficient written and oral communication skills
- Skills in researching and writing reports in a timely manner
- Proficiency in MS Office software applications, especially Word and Excel; as well as Internet usage
- A bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, planning, geography, or a related field.