Archaeologists and Paleontologists Monitors
FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS), an ADEC Innovation, is focused on improving the world we live in by advancing sustainable practices globally. It's our goal to improve the lives of all people we work with, whether they are clients, partners or colleagues. By joining FCS, you will work with highly skilled, technical teams that are dedicated to doing what it takes to meet our clients' needs. FCS is focused on advancing the skills and experiences of our staff and has opportunities that expand the globe.
FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS) is looking for on-call archaeological and paleontological monitors to assist with field surveys, inventories, site recording, excavations, and site condition assessments at various sites in Southern California. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, paleontology or geology with focus on paleontology.
- Minimum of 2+ years of archaeological field experience working with construction crews and around heavy equipment
- Experience in desert and rural conditions, and have direct experience identifying cultural and paleontological materials during construction.
- Ability to understand, implement and adhere to established data collection, inventory, recording, and monitoring protocols.
- Capacity to collect and maintain field data in an organized manner that is easily understood and accessible to other resource staff.
The Ideal candidates will also have:
- Understanding of federal and state laws, regulations, standards, and guidelines governing cultural resources.
- Experience with various State and federal agencies and Native American tribes
Completing archaeological surveys in the desert requires the physical endurance to walk over a variety of terrains and in a variety of weather conditions, including extreme heat, and carry a heavy pack. Physical requirements for the position include the ability to stand, bend, and kneel for long periods of time, lift at least 20 lbs., and hike 5+ miles per day.
FCS offers a competitive salary. Candidates will be expected to travel for project assignments. Preference will be given to candidates living in close proximity of the proposed work location. Lodging and meal allowances are determined by project and by location.