Software & Services Account Manager
FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS), an ADEC Innovation, is focused on improving the world we live in by advancing sustainable practices globally. It's our goal to improve the lives of all people we work with, whether they are clients, partners or colleagues.
Due to continued growth, we are seeking a highly motivated, versatile Software & Services Account Manager to join our team in the United States. The Account Manager will be responsible for the overall day-to-day outreach to prospects and clients including: understanding our services and software solutions; identifying and following up on business leads; listening to client and prospects needs; building relationships; discussing and matching our services to client needs; demonstrating our software products; closing new business; and growing business within existing client relationships.
The Account Manager will be responsible for the overall day-to-day outreach to prospects and clients including: understanding our services and software solutions; identifying and following up on business leads; listening to client and prospects needs; building relationships; discussing and matching our services to client needs; demonstrating our software products; closing new business; and growing business within existing client relationships.
Using a consultative approach and process, an emphasis is placed on identifying and working with prospects through the sales process, including the tracking of a pipeline and developing and delivering customer presentations and product demonstrations in order to successfully qualify and close new business.
In addition, the Account Manager will be responsible for maintaining and expanding relationships with clients and be considered one of the points of contact throughout the implementation process and beyond – working with the project delivery team to ensure that delivery meets client expectations. The Manager works to ensure the highest levels of client satisfaction, identifies growth potential within an account and works to grow the number and extent of services being adopted within their assigned accounts.
If you enjoy building relationships, getting to know your clients and providing technical solutions that will impact their success, this is a role where you can build your career and feel good knowing you're providing outstanding service – while making a difference.
Education / Requirements / Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, finance or technical discipline such as sustainability, environmental science, life cycle analysis, etc.; or equivalent training and/or experience in one or more of those fields.
- 5-10 years of experience in selling/growing the use of business products or services.
- 2 years of experience specifically in software applications within the environmental, sustainability, energy or related industry.
- Business intelligence software experience is a huge plus.
- Demonstrated track record in growing existing business and closing new business with the ability to demonstrate complex software to potential users.
- Proven ability to push past ‘bad news’ and achieve results.
- Demonstrated computer systems knowledge, and a general understanding of larger business system applications.
- Great phone presence and ability to build relationships that way as well.
- Must be open to travel; initially travel will be no more than 25%, but as the portfolio grows, travel could be up to 75% of the time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build and deliver powerful presentations
- Excellent networking and information gathering abilities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to break down complex concepts, make logical comparisons and identify underlying patterns and connections
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with and relate to all levels both within and outside the organization
Headquartered in California, FCS has grown to include offices in New York, London, Sydney and Manila. We offer a competitive benefits package with opportunities for personal and professional development. If you want to work in a collaborative, creative work environment where you can provide meaningful contributions while being challenged to grow on the job, then you are encouraged to apply!