FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS), an ADEC Innovation, is seeking junior to mid-level On-Call Biological Monitors for projects in the Inland Empire and Fresno, California areas. We anticipate, (subject to project specific needs) 20 to 40-hour workweeks, and DOE $15-20 per hour. The successful candidates will participate in monitoring project sites throughout the Inland Empire and Fresno areas. Projects may include: desert tortoise, nesting birds, plant identification and wildlife surveys as well as rare / threatened / endangered species habitat surveys. Must have experience with GPS operation and report writing. Additional tasks may include: participation in wetland and stream delineation and preparation of environmental documentation to support federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate proper field work protocols and techniques
- Proven ability to create results and complete assignments in a timely fashion, many times under strict deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and professionalism.
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work independently with minimum guidance
- Able to follow instructions and ask informed questions
- Proficiency in MS Office software applications, especially Word and Excel
- Excellent writing, analytical, and communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience
- Requires knowledge of general ecology, field botany, zoology, or related science
- Good working knowledge of federal environmental laws and regulations and NEPA/CEQA documentation
- Good working knowledge of plants and animals of California