FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS), an ADEC Innovation, is seeking for a Data Manager (DM) who will be responsible for leading and implementing the company-wide data management activities associated with each of our software products. This role will be responsible for maintaining the quality and completeness of all master data used and maintained within each of our four software application. Working with our data management team in Manila you will be responsible for collecting, staging, completing, cleansing and reformatting all of the master data used by our application.
This position is the data czar and gatekeeper for all application master data. Application master data is maintained by ADEC for use in all of our applications. Examples of application master data include: global addresses, products, pure chemicals, emission factors, global warming potentials, equipment lists, emission calculations and many more.
- Experience working with vast amounts of data in new and evolving environments
- Leverage analytics to create a software user experience above our peers
- Identify and implement process, data, and reporting improvements for the organization.
- Extracting, transforming and loading data from multiple disparate data sources into a common data warehouse for further analysis.
- Filtering and cleansing data using pattern matching, lookup tables, scripts and algorithms
- Examining data using a combination of tools and methodologies to find patterns and trends that merit further investigation
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques and providing reports using a combination of words, charts, graphs and other visualizations to present your findings.
- Working with the team to identify and address opportunities for process enhancements as well as new analytical opportunities.
- Creating and maintaining documentation for data and processes
- Define, implement, and oversee processes to ensure the ongoing integrity of master data, including maintaining documentation to note the processes, change controls, etc.
- Maintain documentation and be the principal point of contact for all application master data.
- Understand, implement, and continually improve change control processes, as required to maintain accurate data for each of the product’s reference.
- Think strategically about the company’s data management program, lead process improvement efforts therein, while also contributing directly to evolve that process and strategy.
- Represent data management, data integrity, and related topics in cross-functional initiatives.
- Make concerted efforts to continually evolve and improve on the product data management and data governance programs, to ensure they stay relevant, effective, efficient, and forward thinking.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, Power Point. Strong SQL skills and experience analyzing flat data files against relational databases
- Technical expertise regarding data sources, data structures, data organization, and data optimization
- Knowledge of statistics and experience analyzing large datasets (utilizing any number of tools such as SQL, SAS, SPSS, R, etc...)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Experience with Agile software development method a definite plus.
- Time management skills, oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances a plus.
- Knowledge of environmental, health, safety and sustainability science and technology a plus.
- Speaking and talking with others to convey information effectively.
- Effective writing communications a must. Writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Coordination and adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Effective instructor - teaching others how to do something.
- Negotiation and bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years related experience and/or training; or
- equivalent combination of education and experience.