Analyst (Environmental Services)
Environmental CEQA Analyst assists with analysis and provides documentation support for environmental impact reports (EIRs) on a variety of subject areas, including land use, socio-economics, earth resources, hydrology, air quality, noise, cultural resources, etc. and provides general support in environmental document preparation.
- Supports project managers with appropriate research information in order to respond to project documentation requirements
- Ensures the requirements of CEQA and NEPA are met by completing analysis and documentation within specific guidelines
- Gains practical knowledge of the environmental consulting industry
- Provides assistance to project managers in the preparation, organization, and production of EIRs
- Incorporates sub-consultant reports and personal research and knowledge into appropriate sections of environmental documents
- Communicates with various jurisdictions, agencies, and sub-consultants to collect and verify information
- Conducts field studies and land use surveys.
- General understanding of the principles and practices of the environmental consulting industry, including CEQA and/or NEPA and their processing requirements
- Technical competence and understanding of one or more environmental specialties, such as land use, socio-economics, earth resources, hydrology, air, noise, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated facility with written and verbal business English, spelling, grammar, and vocabulary
- Keen attention to detail
- Professional appearance and demeanor, and an ability to handle assignments, as well as confidential information, with professionalism, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to follow instructions and ask informed questions
- Positive interaction with others to accomplish tasks
- Efficient written and oral communication skills
- Skills in researching and writing reports in a timely manner
- Proficiency in MS Office software applications, especially Word and Excel; as well as Internet usage
- A bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, planning, geography, or a related field.