FirstCarbon Solutions to Sponsor Asia CEO's Green Company of the Year AwardBACK
Manila, Philippines, July 28, 2014 – FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS) will sponsor the Green Company of the Year Award at the 2014 Asia CEO Awards.
The Asia CEO Awards aims to highlight the outstanding leadership achievements of individuals and organizations operating in the Philippines. The Asia CEO Awards is spearheaded by the organizers of Asia CEO Forum one of the largest business events in the Philippines. The Asia CEO Forum was formed by Filipino and international businesses, with the primary goal of promoting the Philippines as a premier business destination in the global market.
Now in its fifth year, the Asia CEO Awards will present awards in 10 categories, including two new ones -- Hospitality and Green Company of the Year. The Green Company of the Year Award is open to corporate and non-corporate organizations that have demonstrated strong leadership and involvement in sustainability and environmental protection initiatives in the country. Judging criteria includes:
These leading suppliers demonstrate a number of defining characteristics in their CDP survey responses, including:
- Leadership Commitment the nominee organization should have demonstrated a commitment towards sustainability and environmental programs that are innovative and effective in driving change across their business.
- Long Lasting their initiatives should be both sustainable and viable, such that there is a long-term effect within the business, as well as the communities they affect.
- Stakeholder Collaboration their programs should promote the involvement and contribution of the organizations employees and investors.
- Relevance their efforts should be relevant to the needs of the community they serve.
- Social Impact the initiatives should have a strong, positive bearing on society, serving as an inspiration for other organizations to emulate.
The Board of Judges for the Awards is composed of prominent leaders in the business community. As this is the first time a Green Company of the Year Award will be presented at the Asia CEO Awards, FCS believes that placing sustainability and environmental protection is especially timely with the Philippines vulnerability to climate change. As environmental awareness and involvement grows, conservation of resources and mitigation of climate changes negative effects stand a better chance.
Call for nominations for each award category, including the FCS Green Company of the Year Award, will end on Monday, September 29, 2014. The Asia CEO Awards will be held on November 12, 2014 at the Grand Ballroom of Solaire Resort and Casino, Paranaque City, Philippines.
About FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS)
FCS advances sustainable practices around the world and helps organizations responsibly grow and operate their businesses. Seamlessly delivering fully integrated, cost-effective consulting, data management and software solutions, FCS helps clients save time, reduce costs, optimize resource use, and drive operational efficiencies in a world where sustainability matters. With more than 30 years of environmental and sustainability consulting experience, FCS has offices throughout Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia and North America to ensure we meet our clients ever-evolving environmental and compliance needs in energy, air and carbon management; environmental assessments and planning; supply and life cycle assessments; permitting and compliance; software and data processing.
FCS is a member of ADEC Group, a global provider of onshore managed services and offshore outsourcing solutions for governments and businesses worldwide.
Mr. Eddie Musico
T: +63 2 775.0632 ext. 8143